Last Updated September 27, 2019
Personally Identifiable Information That We Collect
Moulin Rouge! the Musical collects personally identifiable information about you that you voluntarily submit to us. We may collect this information in a variety of ways, including without limitation when you subscribe to our newsletter, request theater directions or fill out a form on the Website. The personally identifiable information which you may voluntarily provide to us or we may otherwise collect or access through the Website includes:
- Your name, e-mail address and age.
- Your location (if we have your consent, where required by law).
- Information about you contained in communications between you and us (e.g., emails).
- Any content you provide to the Website.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information That We Collect
When you visit the Website, we may automatically collect certain non-identifying information about you, such as the computer operating system or mobile device that you use to access the Website, your Internet Protocol address, your browser type and settings, the date and time that you access the Website, the domain name of the website from which you arrived to the Website, links that you click on within the Website, any other activity of yours on the Website and other technical information that assists us in improving the Website. Note, in some jurisdictions (including European member states), your Internet Protocol address may be considered personally identifiable information.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
How We Use Your Information
How We Use Your Information
- Feedback: From time to time, we may invite you to provide feedback about us or our products and services. We will use your personal information contained in your feedback or survey response to help us improve the quality of service provided by our personnel. We also use your feedback to monitor the quality of our products and services and to assist with the selection of future products and services.
- Promotions: From time to time, we may run prize draws, prize competitions and other promotions on our Website. For the purposes of administering such promotions, we may process your name, contact details (including email address, postal address and/or telephone number, as applicable), social media handle (if relevant) and any other personal information volunteered by you in your promotion entry.
- Marketing activities: We use your information to send you updates (e.g., relating to our products, services, special offers, features, and promotions), marketing materials and other information from time to time via email or other forms of electronic communication, for which you will have the opportunity to either opt-in or opt-out in accordance with applicable law. If you are located within the EEA: We will only send you marketing communications by email where you have consented to receive such communications, or where we have another lawful right to do so under applicable law.
- Insight and analysis: We use your information to monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns. This information is used to create insights about our visitors’ use of our Website. Where we have your consent to do so (where required by applicable law), we will also use your location data for insight and analysis purposes. By using this information, we are able to measure the effectiveness of our content and how visitors use our Website and our products and services. This allows us to learn what features and functionality of our Website are most attractive to our visitors, which parts of our Website are the most interesting and what kind of features and functionalities our visitors and clients like to see.
- Diagnostics and maintenance: We use your information to help us diagnose or fix technology problems with the Website and to provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of the Website.
- Business administration and legal compliance: We use your information for business administration and legal compliance purposes, including without limitation, to comply with our legal obligations, to enforce our legal rights, to protect the rights of third parties, and in connection with a business transition such as a merger, reorganization, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets.
Disclosure Of Your Information
- We may disclose your personally identifiable information to our vendors, subcontractors, and partners, and other third parties who provide services to us. However, they are only permitted to access your information in connection with performing such services and are not authorized by us to use the information for their own benefit.
- We may disclose your personally identifiable information to third parties who provide, or assist us in providing, products and services that are offered on the Website. The use of your information by such third parties will be subject to the privacy policies of such third parties once such information is transferred.
- We may disclose (with your consent if you are an EU resident) your personally identifiable information to our partners that provide products and services or technologies that we believe may be of interest to you. The use of your information by our partners and their vendors and contractors will be subject to the privacy policies of our partners once such information is transferred.
- We do not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to third parties; provided, however, we may engage in a merger, acquisition, disposition, change of control, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of your information.
We may share non-personally identifiable information or generic aggregated demographic information with our partners or other third parties for any purpose.
The security of your information is very important to us. We attempt to provide for the secure storage of your information by using commercially reasonable safeguards. Unfortunately, due to the inherent nature of the Internet and online communications, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that information on the Website or our servers will be free from unauthorized access by third parties such as hackers. Your use of the Website demonstrates your assumption of this risk. All of our employees, workers and data processors (i.e. those who process your personal data on our behalf), who have access to, and are associated with, the processing of personally identifiable information, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of the personally identifiable information of all visitors to the Website and all users of our products and services.
Other Services, Websites and Applications
User Communication With Us
Any material or communications transmit to us by email, including, without limitation, any information, photographs, data, questions, comments, or suggestions, will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary and may be used by us for any purpose, including, without limitation, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting.
Protection for Children
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13. The Website and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
IF YOU ARE LOCATED WITHIN THE EEA: Our Website and the commercial products and services that we offer are not specifically targeted at children, although we appreciate that they may appeal to children. If you are under the age of 18, we ask that you obtain your parent’s or guardian’s consent before submitting any personal information to us or requesting any products or services from us. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under 18, please ensure that you supervise your child’s use of our Website and our products and services and ensure they obtain your consent before submitting any personal information to us or requesting any products or services from us. For the purpose of safeguarding the rights, interests and freedoms of children, we may ask you to verify your age in order to continue using our Website and/or any of our products and services you may have requested.
Additional Information and Rights Applicable to Individuals Located in the EEA
Legal basis for processing
Where your information is completely anonymized, we do not require a legal basis to use it as the information will no longer constitute personally identifiable information that is regulated under data protection laws. However, our collection and use of such anonymized information may be subject to other laws where your consent is required. Please see the section entitled “Cookies and Similar Technologies” above for further details.
The below table explains our legal basis for processing your personally identifiable information, in particular for the purposes set out in the “How We Use Your Information” section above:
|PURPOSE OF PROCESSING||LEGAL BASIS|
|Feedback||It is in our legitimate interest to use the personally identifiable information provided by you in your feedback or survey response for the purposes of improving our products and services and the quality of service provided by our personnel.|
|Customer services||It is necessary for us to use your personally identifiable information to perform our obligations in accordance with any contract that we may have with you or it is in our legitimate interest or a third party’s legitimate interest to use personally identifiable information in such a way to ensure that we provide the products and services you have requested and respond to your requests and enquiries in an effective and efficient way.|
|Promotions||It is necessary for us to use your personally identifiable information to perform our obligations in accordance with any contract that we may have with you (e.g. the terms and conditions applicable to the promotion to which you may be asked to agree as a condition of entry) or it is in our legitimate interest to use your personally identifiable information to enable you to participate in any prize draws, prize competitions and other promotions we may run from time to time.|
|Marketing Activities||We will only send you marketing communications by email and other electronic means where you have consented to receive such communications by that method, or where we have another lawful right to do so. We will only pass your personally identifiable information to third parties for their own marketing purposes where you have consented.|
|Insight and analysis||It is in our legitimate interest to use your personally identifiable information for insight and analysis purposes to ensure that we provide good quality products and services to you and our other customers.|
|Diagnostics||It is in our legitimate interest to use the personally identifiable information provided by you in relation to any customer service or technology issue you may contact us about for the purposes of improving our Website, our products and services and the quality of the service provided by our personnel.|
|Business administration and legal compliance||Where we use your personally identifiable information in connection with a business transition, to enforce our legal rights or to protect the rights of third parties, it is in our legitimate interest to do so. We have a legal obligation to use your personally identifiable information to comply with any legal obligations imposed on us, such as a court order.|
How we obtain your consent
Where our use of your personally identifiable information requires your consent, you can provide such consent either at the time we collect your personally identifiable information following the instructions provided or by informing us using our details in the “Contact” section below.
Duration of processing
Regarding personally identifiable information we have processed in connection with the supply of our products and services to any person or organization, we will retain personally identifiable information relevant to that supply of products or services for six years from the date of supply and in compliance with our obligations under the GDPR (or similar legislation around the world). We may then destroy such files without further notice or liability.
Regarding any other personally identifiable information we have processed, we will retain relevant personally identifiable information for three years from the date of our last interaction with the relevant person or organization and in compliance with our obligations under the GDPR (or similar legislation around the world). We may then destroy such files without further notice or liability.
If any personally identifiable information is only useful for a short period (e.g. for a specific marketing campaign), we may delete it at the end of that period.
Sharing Personally Identifiable Information
We will only share personally identifiable information with others when we are legally permitted to do so. When we share personally identifiable information with others, we put contractual arrangements and security mechanisms in place to protect the personally identifiable information and to comply with our data protection, confidentiality and security standards. When processing your personal information we may need to share it with third parties as follows:
Other organizations within our group of companies: We may share your personally identifiable information with other organizations within our group of companies where necessary for administrative purposes or where those organizations assist us in the provision of our products and services.
Third-party organizations that provide applications/functionality, data processing or IT services: We use third parties to support us in providing our products and services and to help provide, run and manage our internal IT systems. Such third parties may include, for example, providers of information technology, cloud based software as a service providers, identity management, website hosting and management, data analysis, data back-up, security and storage services. The servers powering and facilitating that cloud infrastructure are located in secure data centres around the world, and personally identifiable information may be stored in any one of them.
Third-party email marketing and CRM specialists: We share personally identifiable information with specialist suppliers who assist us in managing our marketing database and sending out our email marketing communications to our subscribers.
Third-party organizations that assist us with the administration of our promotions: We share personally identifiable information with specialist suppliers who assist us in administering our competitions, prize draws and other promotions.
Auditors, lawyers, accountants and other professional advisers: We share personally identifiable information with professional services firms who advise and assist us in relation to the lawful and effective management of our organization and in relation to any disputes we become involved in.
Law enforcement or other government and regulatory agencies: We may share personally identifiable information with law enforcement or other government and regulatory agencies or other third parties as required by, and in accordance with, applicable law or regulation.
Transfers of your Personally Identifiable Information Outside the EEA
You have the following rights in relation to the personally identifiable information we hold about you:
Your right of access: If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your personally identifiable information and, if so, provide you with a copy of that personally identifiable information (along with certain other details). If you require additional copies, we may charge a reasonable fee for producing those additional copies. You can contact us for this purpose using our details in the “Contact” section below.
Your right to rectification: If the personally identifiable information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to have it rectified. If we have shared your personally identifiable information with others, we’ll let them know about the rectification where possible. If you ask us, where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you who we’ve shared your personally identifiable information with so that you can contact them directly.
Your right to erasure: You can ask us to delete or remove your personally identifiable information in some circumstances, such as where we no longer need it or where you withdraw your consent (where applicable). If we have shared your personally identifiable information with others, we will let them know about the erasure where possible. If you ask us, where it is possible and lawful for us to do so, we will also tell you who we have shared your personally identifiable information with so that you can contact them directly.
Your right to restrict processing: You can ask us to block or suppress the processing of your personally identifiable information in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of that personally identifiable information or you object to us processing it. It won’t stop us from storing your personally identifiable information, though. We will tell you before we lift any restriction. If we have shared your personally identifiable information with others, we will let them know about the restriction where it is possible for us to do so. If you ask us, where it is possible and lawful for us to do so, we will also tell you who we have shared your personally identifiable information with so that you can contact them directly.
Your right to data portability: You have the right, in certain circumstances, to obtain personally identifiable information you have provided to us (in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format) and to reuse it elsewhere or to ask us to transfer it to a third party of your choice.
Your right to object: You can ask us to stop processing your personally identifiable information, and we will do so, if we are: (i) relying on our own or someone else’s legitimate interest to process your personally identifiable information, except if we can demonstrate compelling legal grounds for the processing; or (ii) processing your personally identifiable information for the purposes of direct marketing.
Your rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling: You have the right not to be subject to a decision when it is based on automatic processing, including profiling, if it produces a legal effect or similarly significantly affects you, unless such profiling is necessary for the entering into, or the performance of, a contract between you and us.
Your right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent (or explicit consent) as our legal basis for processing your personally identifiable information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. You can exercise your right of withdrawal by contacting us using our details in the “Contact” section below or by using any other opt-out mechanism we may provide, such as an unsubscribe link in an email.
Your right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority: If you have a concern about any aspect of our privacy practices, including the way we have handled your personally identifiable information, please contact us using our details in the “Contact” section below. You can also report any issues or concerns to your local supervisory authority. You can find a list of contact details for all EU supervisory authorities at: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights referred to above, this can be done by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that while we will endeavor to make the updates as promptly as possible, communications may be sent using the original details until the changes have been processed.
To opt-out of any future promotional messages from us, click here to UNSUBSCRIBE.
IF YOU ARE LOCATED WITHIN THE EEA: please also see the sub-section entitled “Your Rights” in the “Additional Information and Rights applicable to Individuals Located in the EEA” above.
United States of America
IF YOU ARE LOCATED WITHIN THE EEA: please also see the sub-section entitled “Transfers of your Personally Identifiable Information Outside the EEA” in the “Additional Information and Rights applicable to Individuals Located in the EEA” above.